Northwest Kansas Technical College (Northwest Tech) is seeking an individual to lead our outreach program. This position will report to the Dean of Academic Advancement and have the responsibility for serving as the liaison between area high schools and the college.
- Serve as the liaison with regional high school counselors and teachers;
- Visit regional high schools to promote dual credit and Excel in CTE technical courses;
- Work with high schools to develop individual academic plans for high students enrolled in college courses;
- Serve as the point of contact for high school students and parents enrolled in college courses;
- Monitor and communicate high school student academic achievement;
- Assist in the institutional and academic program assessment process;
- Assist in reviewing course quality in face-to-face and online courses on-campus and at outreach locations;
- Assist in the institutional and program accreditation process;
- Serve on all committees relevant to the position.
We are seeking the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree, or in progress, from a regionally accredited institution of higher education;
- 2-3 years of higher education experience preferred;
- A desire to build relationships and promote higher education opportunities with students, families, and school district personnel;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
About Northwest Tech
Northwest Tech is one of the fastest growing public colleges in the state of Kansas. Located on the high plains in the city of Goodland, Northwest Tech is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is nationally recognized for student success and graduation rates. Northwest Tech was the first two-year college in the nation to implement a full one-to-one iPad initiative in the classroom.
With nearly all of our technical programs taught in a cohort model, our students experience a significant amount of contact with faculty, leading to our high student success rates. We have a small, surprisingly diverse campus, with a student body of approximately 400 full-time students pursuing degrees and technical certificates. We serve an additional 450 area high school students via outreach programs providing dual-credit and technical courses.
- 12-month competitive salary.
- Benefits package including health insurance, KPERS retirement plan, vacation, sick leave, and more.
Positions will remain open until filled. Please send application, resume, references and unofficial transcript(s) to:
Sherri Knitig, Vice President of Operations
1209 Harrison Street
PO Box 668
Goodland, KS 67735
EOE/Notice of Non-Discrimination:
Northwest Kansas Technical College gives equal consideration to all applicants for admission, employment and participation in its programs and activities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or limited English proficiency (LEP). Northwest Tech respects the legal rights of each person to work and learn in an environment that is free from unlawful sexual discrimination including sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Concerns regarding disability or race, color, or national origin should be referred to Section 504 Coordinator/ADA Coordinator/Title VI Coordinator, Vice President for Academic & Student Affairs at 785.890.3641. All other concerns should be referred to the Title IX Coordinator/Age Act Coordinator, Dean of Students at 785.890.3641. Both offices are located at 1209 Harrison, Goodland, KS 67735.