1417 NW Everett
Portland, OR 97209
Phone Number: (503) 265-6861
Fax Number (503) 265-6861
Web Site http://bit.ly/2CzFbCW
Position Title: Welder
Location of Position: Pubelo, CO
At Vestas your achievements impact more than your career and our company: Your achievements drive more sustainable power for our planet, and you change the energy industry and our world for the better – because wind energy is all Vestas does.
Working at a Vestas factory, you’re part of a growing industry and a company with global production setup with focus on safety, quality and teamwork. You are “hands-on” in a high-tech environment, working to create Vestas products to high standards for our customers around the globe.
Vestas Towers America, Inc.
Vestas Towers in Pueblo Colorado is the largest tower facility in the world. It produces towers that now rise 133 meters (about 433 feet, or 43 stories high). In June 2017, Vestas celebrated its 5,000th tower completion at the factory – the most by a single factory ever – and those towers and turbines power projects in nearly all states in the USA.
In the Steel Department Welders use cutting edge technology to build the world’s best and most advanced wind turbine towers. Their passion for fabricating, along with their strong attention to detail, ensures Vestas turbine towers are ready for shipment to customers.
• Tack welding, gas metal arc welding (GMAC), flux core arc welding (FCAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), submerged arc welding (SAW) and flame/plasma gouging
• Setup manual welding, automated welding and flame/plasma cutting equipment by setting parameters and making adjustments
• Prepare welding joints and repair surface/weld imperfections using flame/plasma cutting equipment and grinding
• Perform product quality inspections and make corrections as required
• Operate material handling equipment, overhead crane and rigging, to fit-up and relocate tower section components
• Replenish welding equipment consumables (wire, tips, nozzles, feed rollers)
• Perform daily maintenance inspections on equipment and correct minor issues
• Coordinate with Team Leaders and other production employees to prioritize products to process
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment by following all safety protocols and performing routine housekeeping and workplace organization.
• Perform activities of position as outlined in Production Work Instructions and Welding Process Specifications.
• Safety mindset is required
• High school diploma/GED
• Certificate in welding from an accredited technical school/program strongly desired
• 1 – 3 years welding experience, preferably in a heavy fabrication industry
• Must be able to read and interpret production drawings and technical work instructions
• Able to speak, read and understand English
• Must pass pre-employment welding skills assessment
• Must be able to work night shift
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: fully funded healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on wind power solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social medial channels.
1-3 years of experience is ideal.
Please apply by using the “website” link provided.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Our recruitment process ensures that all applicants are reviewed on a fair and equal basis.