15910 US 169
Olathe, KS 66062
Phone Number: (913) 971-1812
Fax Number (913) 971-1821
Web Site http://www.transamtruck.com
Tractor Technician (Mechanic)
Location of Position: Olathe, KS
Job duties include:
• Performing scheduled truck and APU basic preventative maintenance.
• Performing annual DOT vehicle inspections (with the assistance of a DOT certified inspector if not personally certified).
• Performing brake services and inspections (with the assistance of a DOT certified inspector if not personally certified).
• Performing safety inspections.
• Installing wheel assemblies and tires.
• Completing other basic electrical, truck and APU repairs.
• Completing assigned repair orders concisely and within time restrictions.
Preferred job requirements:
• Previous experience or education in maintenance-related field.
• Knowledge and skills to perform basic diesel truck preventative maintenance, including:
o Identifying brake components.
o Operation of class 8 air brakes.
o Identifying irregular tire wear and underinflated tires.
o Basic electrical repairs.
• Welding skills, a plus.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Matching 401K contributions, paid holidays, holiday luncheons, phone carrier discounts, service awards, gym memberships, paid training.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
TransAm is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. Accordingly, TransAm strictly prohibits any unlawful discrimination against employees or job applicants based on factors such as sex, race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other status, condition or characteristic protected by applicable law, to the extent the status, condition or characteristic is protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, termination, reduction in force, compensation and benefits, and all other conditions and privileges of employment. Further, TransAm strictly prohibits and will not tolerate any retaliation or retribution, directly or indirectly, against any employees who exercise their rights under the law. It is the resp onsibility of all TransAm employees, supervisory and non-supervisory, to adhere to this policy and to use all efforts to further its goals and spirit.