2005 W Broadway, Bldg A, Ste 215
Columbia, MO 65203
Phone Number: (573) 777-4217
Web Site http://www.bluebirdnetwork.com
Position Title: Systems Administrator
Location of Position: Lee’s Summit, MO
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for IT functions to include effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts on systems per request.
• Provide desktop support per requests as required. Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Provide support for internal phone system. Add users as necessary. Investigate resolve and troubleshoot issues in a timely manner as identified.
• Repair and recover from hardware or software system failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 1 to 3 years in Systems Administrator support environment
• 2 year College or Technical School degree in IT or equivalent
• Experience in telecommunications field desired
• Microsoft Certifications desired
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Willing to work day, evening, night shifts, overtime, call-ins, weekends, and/or holidays as required. Hours to be worked are determined by job requirements
• Self-motivated and the ability to make sound decisions
• Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding work environment.
• Valid state driver’s license
• Strong PC skills (Maintenance and Operation)
• Experience writing scripts desired (Perl, Python, or PHP)
• Experience with API calls desired (XML or JSON)
• Prior experience in the following areas desired:
o Database Administration (Oracle, SQL)
o Microsoft Office365 Exchange Administration (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
o Operating Systems (Windows, and Linux)
o Cisco VOIP (UC560)
o Sonicwall Administration
o Domain Controller Administration
o Strong oral and written communications skills
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):
Company-provided LTC, life, etc.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy:
Bluebird Network is committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees for employment in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws. It is the policy of Bluebird Network to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bluebird Network is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and equal consideration for all qualified employees and applicants in personnel matters including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, transfer and promotion, salary and other compensation, layoff and termination. Employment standards are job related and based upon individual qualifications. Our goal is to ensure that all job applicants and employees are provided the right to a discrimination-free employment process and work environment .