400 Work Tools Rd Attn: Kelly Services
Wamego, Kansas 66547
Phone Number: (785) 438-7836
Web Site http://www.kellycareernetwork.com
Position Title: Stock Clerk
Location of Position : Wamego, KS
Receives, stores, and issues equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compiles stock records in stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
• Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
• Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
• Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
• Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
• Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
• Requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
• Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
• Marks identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles.
• Distributes stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued.
• Makes adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock.
• Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
• Cuts stock to size to fill order.
• Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments.
• Maintains inventory and other stock records.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal elements of this position.
401K or other Retirement Plan
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.