FedEx Freight, Inc
4077 N Norfleet
Kansas City, MO 64161
Phone Number: (816) 200-5177
Position Title: Shop Technician 3\Diesel Mechanic
Location of Position: Edwardsville, KS
Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Shop Technician and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
Responsible for timely repair and preventive maintenance of tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles
* One (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess, or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining, a heavy duty vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vehicle maintenance vocational/trade school
* Knowledge of the use and operation of power, trailing and testing equipment, gauges and tools along with late model gas/diesel engines and on-board computers
* Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair)
* Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
* Ability to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
* Basic computer skills
* Driver’s license preferred
Additional requirements will be found on the website listed below.
Interested candidates can learn more about the position and apply online at www.fedex.com\careers. Click on title to apply
* Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
* Disability & life insurance
* Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
* Direct deposit
* Flex-spending acct for medical and dependent care
* 8 paid holidays annually
* Company paid vacation and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* FedEx Freight pension plan
* Stock purchase plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
FedEx Freight is an equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veteran, committed to ensuring an environment that accepts and appreciates diversity at all levels of the company and promotes the success of all employees. We offer challenging opportunities for people looking to join an organization that recognizes and rewards the contributions of its employees.