FedEx Freight, Inc
4077 N Norfleet
Kansas City, MO 64161
Phone Number : (816) 200-5177
Position Title: Shop Technician 2\Diesel mechanic
Location of Position: Wichita, KS
Begin your career with the FedEx Team as a Shop Tech II and be a part of one of the most well-known and reliable companies in the world.
Provide quality and cost effective repair and maintenance of tractors, trailers, forklifts and other equipment to ensure a safe and efficient fleet of vehicles.
* 3 yrs heavy truck maintenance experience (may substitute 1 yr experience with 1 yr recognized technical school training)
* Brake Inspection Certification eligible
* In-depth knowledge of late model gas/diesel engines and on-board computers
* Experience using oxygen/acetylene equipment (cutting, heating, bending, fabricating equipment during repair) as well as precision measurement instruments
* Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
* Ability to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
* Basic computer skills
* Driver’s license preferred
Interested candidates can learn more about the position and apply online using the
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
401K or other Retirement Plan
* Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
* Disability & life insurance
* Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
* Direct deposit
* Flex-spending acct for medical and dependent care
* 8 paid holidays annually
* Company paid vacation and personal time
* Tuition reimbursement
* FedEx Freight pension plan
* Stock purchase plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
FedEx Freight is an equal opportunity employer, including disabled and veterans, committed to ensuring an environment that accepts and appreciates diversity at all levels of the company and promotes the success of all employees. We offer challenging opportunities for people looking to join an organization that recognizes and rewards the contributions of its employees.