Phone Number: (559) 307-0798
Web Site http://www.getunwired.com
Position Title: Router Engineer
Location of Position: Fresno, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Network design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
2. Develop secure network designs, maximizing the usage of equipment such as routers and switches.
3. Develop and implement detailed logical designs in areas of:
a. Gigabit Ethernet Switching/Routing (OSPF & BGP)
b. IPv4 & IPv6
c. Multicast architecture
d. Routing Table Virtualization (VRFs)
4. Analyze traffic behaviors, identifying and resolving any speed or traffic issues.
5. Perform network analysis and ensure proper planning and testing as needed.
6. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network and system problems.
7. Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
8. Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
9. Maintain logs related to network functions, as well as maintenance and repair records.
10. Work with internal and external customers to fill information gaps and communicate architecture and technical solutions.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1) Must possess at least a CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification in routing and switching. CCNP in Service Provider or higher a plus.
2) Degree in IT or related field with 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a communications service provider environment.
3) Demonstrated experience with Layer 2, 3 and 4 networking and Cisco Catalyst Metro Ethernet based switches.
4) IPv4 and IPv6 -Ability to design and deploy Cisco MPLS/VPN and VRF network cores -Ability to design and deploy QoS across a service provider network.
5) Experience with VoIP a plus.
6) Experience with Cisco, Juniper, VMWare, VNXe Data Storage systems experience a plus.
7) Familiarity with Cisco Network and Security product, Juniper Netscreen and Cisco ASA Firewalls.
8) Experience with OSPF, BGP, and IGP routing protocols.
9) Understanding of functions within Cisco IOS and IOS XR:
a. Cisco MPLS
b. QOS and COS
c. Security, IDS, VPN and various types of encryption
10) Ability to interpret and apply complex technical information.
11) Knowledge of network systems design and implementation.
12) Knowledge of teleprocessing security and communications networks; and knowledge of technical and user-related aspects of a personal computer environment preferred.
13) Experience with Linux and BSD networking stacks.
14) Experience with any of the following protocols: TACACS+, RADIUS, DNS, DHCPv4, DHCPv6, IPv6 over IPv4.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
In California, the following are a protected class: race; religious creed; color; national origin; ancestry; physical disability; mental disability; medical condition, including genetic characteristics; marital status; sex; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; actual or perceived gender; gender identity; sexual orientation; service in the military forces of the State of California or of the United States and age [40 or over]. Included in the definition of each protected category is the perception of membership in a protected category and an individual’s association with an actual or perceived member of a protected category.