Pilot Flying J
5508 Lonas Dr
Knoxville, TN 37909
Phone Number: (865) 474-4008
Web Site https://pilotflyingj.com
Position Title: Mobile Tire Technician
Location of Position: North Little Rock, AR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following under direct supervision:
• Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
• Ability to drive a service truck to an onsite location where guest is broke down. Some locations are inside and others are on the side of a highway. Also expect working in variances of exposure to heat and cold temperatures.
• Assist in the upkeep and image of the service truck including organization of side boxes, stocking truck, washing inside/outside/truck bed and performing minor service repairs.
• Learn how to use computer terminal for invoicing repairs and tire work completed for our guests.
• Proper detailing of work completed using Complaint, Cause & Correction to advise customer of what we have performed, advice on further repairs needed but declined, improper repairs or partial repairs against our advice to protect location against warranties that can lose guest trust and incur warranties.
• Staging of trucks to recognize time waiting targets are achieved and promise made to guests are met.
• Understanding Commercial Truck Tire Brands, Models & Sizes. This includes Super Single 445/455 and different load range.
• Able to remove and install, mount and dismount; multi piece, drop center, wide base and semi-drop center rims.
• Proper inflation of commercial truck tires as required by load restrictions and guest special instructions.
• Determine safe tire repair conditions.
• Use Remove – Inspect – Snug – Torque procedures when installing wheel assemblies to determine worn, mis-matched, cracked or broken components are determined and replaced.
• Provides documentation to the Manager for all commissions and other incentives as required.
• Endeavors to communicate with every guest to insure expectations are met and opportunities for add on sales are identified and pursued.
• Presents a professional, friendly and courteous image to guests and team members, even when handling non-routine situations.
• Greets every guest at their vehicle when at all possible to obtain the vehicle information and type of service.
• Maintains product knowledge for all inventory items so as to be able to explain features and benefits and over come objections.
• Assesses value of trade-in tires and provides quotes to the customer within guidelines set by the Shop Manager.
• Ensures all transactions are handled according to company policy.
• Assures security of cash drawer and inventory (parts & tires) during shift.
• When entering the shop safety glasses must be worn at all times. It is required to pay close attention to safety practices in bay like Lock Out / Tag Out, wheel chocks and jack stands are in use.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bring your commercial Diesel Mechanic skills to our newest operation. We are opening more than 150 new Emergency Road Side Service locations and 25 plus Truck Care Center throughout the United States in 2017, MORE TO COME! Pilot Flying J Truck Care Roadside Service and Truck Care Centers Competitive Pay – Paid Weekly Bonus opportunity Spiff opportunities, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance Company Matched 401K Paid Vacations and Holidays Promotions
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
PFJ is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practices laws. PFJ strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against Team Members, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. All PFJ Team Members, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, disci pline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.