400 Work Tools Rd Attn: Kelly Services
Wamego, Kansas 66547
Phone Number: (785) 438-7836
Position Title: Material Handler
Location of Position: Wamego, KS
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Complete tasks as directed by team leads and section managers including but not limited to: getting print dimensions from engineering, getting tools/items from tool crib, gathering paperwork, retrieving supplies from vending machines, getting piece parts and job packets from warehouse, etc.
• Complete project tasks in multiple areas as required
• Sanding and grinding, as directed by team leads and section managers
• Part prep and cleaning, including operating small part blaster booth, as directed by team leads and section managers.
• Provide tooling support to the line as needed; supplying and removing necessary items
• Shop organization and cleaning throughout the facility as necessary
• Operation of mobile equipment including sit-down forklifts and stand-up forklifts.
• Perform material handling and warehousing functions as required, including moving parts and finished products throughout the facility.
• Accurately picking, staging, sorting, and storing of parts, materials, fixtures, and products.
• Utilizing heavy equipment and overhead cranes
• Daily inspection of machinery
• Makes kits of components using the printed BOM for each individual job number.
• Maintains accurate inventory of all warehouse material.
• Performs cycle count as required on a daily basis.
• Loads out all parts orders both purchased material and fabricated material.
• Counts, sorts, and weighs incoming material to verify receipt of items to match packing list and invoices.
• Maintain or exceed production standards as set by the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, sills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. This job description is intended as an accurate reflection of the principal job elements of this position.
Please select the benefits available and give an explanation if necessary. *
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.