103 S. Chestnut
Olathe, Kansas 66061
Phone Number :(913) 780-6707
Web Site http://www.landworksstudio.com
Position Title: Design Technician
Location of Position: Olathe, KS
Landworks Studio is a small and growing design firm located in Johnson County seeking a full-time CAD/Design Technician to become part of our collaborative studio. This is a great opportunity to work with a talented and creative team to hone technical skills, work on impactful projects and add production capabilities to our team. This position provides insight into a wide variety of project types and scales. Types of projects include large scale park master plans, community master planning, private site development projects, and small scale detailed design. Our work is primarily focused in the Kansas City Metro area but spans the Midwest. The ideal candidate would have 3-5 years of experience; a technical degree or certification and strong skills in construction documentation, specification writing and cost estimating.
Landworks Studio’s mission states that our work is about the People; the People we work with, the People we work for and the development of great places where People gather. We do this through the use of Collaboration, Thoughtful Details and Beautiful Presentations. More information can be found on our website at www.landworksstudio.com.
Primary skills and responsibilities of the position:
• Develop progress sets and completed construction documents from conceptual hand-drawn sketches and scans.
• Must be able to layout and dimension site plans using existing survey data.
• Contribute with ideas that will achieve a higher level of design and detailing.
• Prepare construction details and sections for plan view documents.
• Work from our office 5 days/week.
• Be able to work at a variety of scales.
• Work with project managers to develop accurate cost estimates throughout all stages of design.
• Work closely with Operations Manager to influence CAD templates and standards.
• Manage production tasks in an efficient and effective manner.
• Ideally, candidate is proficient in AutoCad, SketchUp, PhotoShop and Adobe InDesign software.
• Be part of a team to achieve far greater things than one can alone.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and an electronic portfolio to email@example.com. EOE/AA
401K or other Retirement Plan
We are continually evaluating benefits for our employees and work to meet the needs of our smaller staff environment.