Kansas FIber Network
8201 E. 34th Street Circle N Bldg 1500
Wichita, KS 67226
Phone Number: (316) 712-6030
Web Site http://www.ksfibernet.com
Position Title: Broadband Network Engineer
Location of Position: Wichita or Overland Park, KS
Job Description: BROADBAND NETWORK ENGINEER
KsFiberNet, the leader in the rural broadband communications industry, currently has 2 openings for broadband network engineers with a minimum of 3 years of telecommunications work experience. In this cutting edge position you’ll help to design, install and maintain high bandwidth, low latency solutions for our carrier, government, education and medical customers throughout Kansas.
• Provision new circuits on SONET, DWDM, and MPLS network, as well as, provisioning services for Direct Internet Access.
• Pre-testing of customer/internal circuits as assigned
• Assist with testing and turn-up of new circuits
• Verify accuracy of order details before closeout
• Responsible for maintaining network integrity
• Monitor System alarms
• Troubleshoot TDM/Ethernet networks
• Expedite restoration of network outages
• Daytime first responder and customer troubleshooting (after hours may be required)
• Plan, coordinate and assist in the migration of circuits to consolidate network
• Develop, plan, implement and verify changes and improvements to the network infrastructure. Create/modify network drawings, develop MOPs, monitor projects and installations in accordance with operational and industry standards.
• Cross-train with other team members, receiving and sharing knowledge and insights.
• Maintain accurate records of circuit assignments and network utilization
• Work off shift for window maintenance
Education and Experience:
• Associates or Technical Degree in Telecommunications or other related field or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a WAN related or other data communications position
• Extensive knowledge BGP, VLANS, Layer 2 Circuits, virtual cross-connects and related protocols
• Solid understanding of Ethernet technologies especially in regional networks.
• Experience with IP Networking to include IPv4, IPv6 and the transition from IPv4 to IPv6
• Experience in Layer 2 transport and Layer 3 is preferred
• Knowledge of full suite of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Visio, etc.)
• Previous NOC with break fix responsibilities or circuit provisioning experience a plus
• CCNA certified desired
• Circuit Vision knowledge desired
Kansas Fiber Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer who offers competitive compensation, a clearly defined career progression program and a rich benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, disability, PTO, paid holidays and 401k with match.
SEND RESUME TO email@example.com
We apologize but current or future visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Great opportunity at a company committed to quality, continuing education, responsibility and customer service. We offer a competitive salary and low cost benefits.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):
Life insurance, YMCA discounts, generous PTO plan.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy:
KsFiberNet is an equal opportunity employer. KsFiberNet respects the dignity and diversity of individual work force members. KsFiberNet will comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. KsFiberNet will provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants so that no person sustains unlawful discrimination or harassment in employment because of race, religion, color, gender, age over 40, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation and veteran status in matters of employment.