Bluebird Network, LLC
2005 W. Broadway Bldg A, Ste 215
Columbia, MO 65203
Phone Number: (573) 777-4217
Fax Number (573) 777-4201
Web Site http://www.bluebirdnetwork.com
Position Title: HR Generalist
Location of Position: St. Louis, Missouri
POSITION PURPOSE: To provide installation and maintenance support for BBN’s network. This position is responsible for the installation/provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring of network equipment and services. This includes, but is not limited to Cisco SONET Nodes, ADTRAN 2800/2820 Multiplexers, Cisco and Alcatel Lucent Routers, Switches and NID’s, Performance Technologies STP’s, MetaSwitch switching platform, and ADVA DWDM systems.
1. Receive, monitor, analyze, and resolve network problems in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
2. Coordinate and perform new customer installations for wholesale, enterprise, and colocation customers. This could include structured wiring, NID installation and the addition of pluggable cards and jumpers at the Bluebird Network locations.
3. Provide proper documentation of BBN’s network (Site Audit’s, and Inventory Databases).
4. Provide installation, test and acceptance for nodes and collocations into BBN’s network.
5. Support emergency restoration for aerial and/or buried fiber optic cable in BBN’s network.
6. Provide emergency restoration support for BBN’s network equipment.
7. Maintain BBN colocation facilities and report any observations of damage or violation.
8. Provide 24×7 network coverage, to include trouble tickets and alarm monitoring at a Tier 1 level.
9. Adhere to the rotational on-call schedule to monitor, support, and dispatch as required.
10. Coordinate software upgrades to any and all network elements on an as-required schedule.
This position is responsible for the operation, maintenance, monitoring, and site documentation for the Bluebird Network Optical/DWDM, IP/MPLS and SS7 network.
This Position works closely with other Bluebird Network employees, member companies, offnet providers, customers and equipment vendors.
SPECIALIZED KNOW HOW AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, training, and understanding of the following:
Essential 3 to 5 years in Telecommunications environment or equivalent Technical Training
Private line and broadband installation and maintenance
SONET/DWDM installation and maintenance
Test equipment proficiency (OTDR, OSA, DS1/3, and Ethernet)
Willing to work day, evening, night shifts, overtime, call-ins, weekends, and/or holidays as required. Hours to be worked are determined by job requirements
Valid state driver’s license with clean driving record
Self-motivated and the ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
Strong PC skills
Strong oral and written communications skills
Desired College or Technical degree or equivalent
Cisco or Alcatel Lucent IP Certifications
VOIP Switching and maintenance
Fiber optics splicing and maintenance
Multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding work environment.
Telecommunications equipment installation
401K or other Retirement Plan
Life, AD&D, Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, HSA, FSA
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Bluebird Network is committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees for employment in a manner consistent with applicable local, state, and federal laws. It is the policy of Bluebird Network to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bluebird Network is committed to ensuring equal opportunity and equal consideration for all qualified employees and applicants in personnel matters including recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, transfer and promotion, salary and other compensation, layoff and termination. Employment standards are job related and based upon individual qualifications. Our goal is to ensure that all job applicants and employees are provided the right to a discrimination-free employment process and work environment.