Metro Wastewater Reclamation District
6450 York Street
Denver, Colorado 80229
Phone Number: (303) 286-3028
Position Title: Engineering Technician I/II
Location of Position: Denver, Colorado
Metro Wastewater Reclamation District in Denver, CO – a nationally recognized leader among clean water utilities, provides wastewater conveyance and treatment services for 1.8 million people in the Denver Metro area.
General Statement of Duties & Organizational Responsibilities
Performs a variety of technical engineering tasks in support of the planning, design, construction and modification of wastewater facilities. Works under the direction of the Real Property Administrator/Quality Control Coordinator.
1. Serves as the District’s project resident on construction projects. Coordinates with District project managers and contractors. Documents activity on construction progress verbally and through written documentation.
2. Provides updates of facility drawings to CAD staff.
3. Inspects modifications of District facilities, sometimes requiring after-hours or weekend work.
4. Coordinates with District project managers and contractors.
5. Performs construction-related surveying using total station or GPS data gathering equipment.
6. Reviews property descriptions and performs non-licensed land surveying using GPS and total station to field locate property lines and corners.
7. Enters confined spaces in the sewage interceptor system and treatment facility.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications – Engineering Technician I
Graduation from high school, supplemented by college level courses in mathematics and engineering. Three years’ experience in civil engineering work, including experience in the operation of survey instruments, GPS units, construction inspection, materials testing, coordination of construction activities and other similar work. Demonstrated proficiency in reading/understanding construction plans and specifications. Good technical, mathematical, computer (Microsoft Office), and analytical skills, as well as good written and verbal communication skills.
Associate’s degree in civil engineering technology. Certification as an Engineering Technician. Construction management experience. Demonstrated competence in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy: