209 E 6th St PO Box 726
Kearney, NE 68847
Phone Number: (308) 234-1836
Fax Number (308) 234-9606
Web Site https://www.bdconstruction.com/
Position Title: Director
Location of Position: Kearney, Nebraska
BD Construction, Inc. one of the Midwest’s leading commercial construction companies, is seeking a qualified project designer to sketch and draft buildings, site plans and construction details for our clients and for construction documents. Some civil drafting will also be required. Other duties may include data entry and assisting project managers with contract management. Candidate must be creative, able to use CAD software and interact well with clients. The designer will work in BD Construction’s Kearney, Neb. headquarters.
A successful candidate in this role will have the creativity to perform design work; be detail-oriented and able to coordinate final design documents with all consultants (architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers); and the skills to produce documents as well as specifications for architectural and other building-related components of both new and remodeled construction. The person in this role will work closely with an in-house civil engineer, will perform civil drafting and will be knowledgeable in zoning ordinances as well as general building and life safety codes.
• Produces architectural designs and related building envelope drawings for a variety of industries including commercial, cultural, worship, hospitality, etc.
• Consults with business development staff and project manager on project-specific items
• Provides assistance to related field work, including, but not limited to field verifications, site observations/inspections, consultation
• Interacts with clients, architects, engineers, and construction professionals
• Coordinates work with project design consultants (external architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers) as needed.
• Performs civil design and drafting while working closely with an in-house civil engineer
• Handles other duties as assigned, including but not limited to contract production, data entry and other administrative project duties
Project Designer Skills and Qualifications
• 2-year technical degree required, 4-year degree preferred
• AutoCAD proficiency and customization required; certification preferred. Experience with or ability to learn AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Minimum of 1 year of designing experience in an architectural/engineering firm, or subcontractor firm producing shop drawings, or the equivalent in education and experience
• Architectural/ building envelope design and or construction industry experience preferred
• Previous experience coordinating with outside clients and sub-contractors preferred
• Knowledge of building codes, life safety codes, and energy compliance codes preferred.
• Previous experience writing specifications preferred
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
BD Construction/Kearney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information and any other protected characteristic under applicable local, state or federal law.
In addition, this policy of equal opportunities applies to all terms and conditions of employment. This includes, but is not limited to, issues such as hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, and leaves of absence, compensation and training.