E-Lite Tours & Charter
7804 E. Funston Ste. 210
Wichita, Kansas 67207
Phone Number: (316) 683-0000
Fax Number (316) 683-0003
Web Site http://www.e-litetours.com
Position Title: Diesel Mechanic
Location of Position: Andover, Kansas
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
• Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Skills, Qualifications, and Certifications:
Tooling, Supply Management, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Technical Understanding, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Thoroughness, Verbal Communication, Documentation Skills, Inventory Control, Job Knowledge, Certifications a plus
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to grant equal employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, veterans’ or military status or non-job physical or mental handicap or disability or other classification protected by federal, state or local laws, except where there is a bona fide occupational disability. The Company will provide equal opportunities in employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age or national origin except when a bona fide occupational qualification exist. All decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment. All promotion decisions will continue to be made in accordance, with Equal Employ ment Opportunity principles, and only valid job requirements will be used.