Jack Cooper Transport
200 E Marley Road
Kansas City, KS 66115
Phone Number: (816) 983-5084
Fax Number: (816) 983-5133
Web Site http://www.jackcooper.com
Position Title: Diesel Fleet Mechanic
Location of Position: Kansas City, KS
Perform hands-on duties related to repair and maintenance of trucks, trailers and other equipment; fabricate parts, monitor and manage parts inventory and perform vehicle inspections.
• Repair trucks, trailers and other equipment in a timely manner.
• Ability to weld and fabricate parts
• Communicate effectively to ensure efficient repair and maintenance performance
• Inspect equipment; report mechanical issues and problems to shop management
• Ensure parts inventory is adequate to meet repair needs; report supply needs
• Must possess basic mechanic tools as required to work on class 8 trucks (heavy duty)
• Valid driver’s license; CDL preferred, not required
• Experience performing class 8 truck maintenance and repair
• Experience with hydraulic repairs and diesel engine repair
• High school graduate or equivalent
We are one of the industry’s most trusted finished-vehicle logistics companies. We are capable of delivering integrated transportation and logistics solutions and meeting the most complex automotive supply chain challenges across land transportation, ocean transportation, rail and yard management, vehicle inspections, claims management, title services, and other value-added services.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):