CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Procurement Merchandiser Intern to work with producers and Country Operations elevator staff. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Make contact with farmers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, and grain programs.
• Work closely with Merchandiser personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants).
• Call out, fax, or email bid changes and closing bids to customers.
• Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately.
• Perform grain handling including filling, blending, and transferring.
• Learn facility layout and grain flow, as well as maintain general appearance of facility.
• Gain knowledge of USDA grain standards and understand USDA export loading regulations.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of business.
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
• Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
• Previous Internship experience
Apply online at http://www.chsinc.com