Agricultural Parts Counterperson – Smith Center, KS
815 W. Hwy 36
Smith Center , KS 66967
Phone Number: (785) 282-6861
Web Site http://www.langdieselinc.com/careers
Position Title: Agricultural Parts Counterperson
Location of Position: Smith Center, KS
A successful candidate for this position is a self-motivated, hardworking individual with a positive attitude and excellent sales, computer and customer service skills. Responsible for inventory management, increasing parts sales, filling parts orders via phone, walk-in customers, as well as internal shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Parts Manager, this position:
• Assists customers in buying parts – locating the correct parts, generating sales orders in CDK Global Business System, invoicing the customer, and collecting payment for the sale or billing the customer’s account
• Coordinates with the Service Department to provide parts required for service work on customer equipment and properly bills
• Secures non-stock parts from other local parts supply sources to meet customer needs; price non-stock parts according to company guidelines
• Organizes the movement of inventory from vendor, to storage, to sale, and tracks records and other receipts related to the Parts Department
• Maintains appearance of parts displays and lobby merchandising as directed.
• Informs Parts Manager in a timely manner of any issues related to the parts operations of the location
• Attends required meeting as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties that may be assigned by the Parts Manager
The Parts Counterperson must:
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural equipment parts, and related supplies and materials within his/her local market area
• Maintain and cultivate a professional relationship with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn and utilize software such as CDK, manufacturer’s parts systems, spreadsheets, and email
• Be able to safely operate a forklift truck while loading and unloading parts
• High School diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field is preferred
• Minimum of two-years progressive experience in farm equipment parts operations recommended
• Experience in automotive or other parts supply houses will be considered
• Valid driver’s license
• Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and background check required
401K or other Retirement Plan
Additional Benefits (Please see description below):
LDI offers competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, performance based incentives, overtime, uniforms, and other optional benefits.
Complete an application online at www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
In 1988, Lang Diesel, Inc. opened for business from one tool box and has since grown into an industry leader in the farm equipment retail market with 12 locations across the state of Kansas.
LDI is committed to securing the success of our customers and continued growth of the agriculture industry by providing the best quality products, parts, and service, and building a team of well trained, value driven employees ready to meet customer demands.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the established policy of Lang Diesel Inc. to provide an equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religious belief, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.