4575 E. Highway 50 Plaza
Garden City, KS 67846
Phone Number: (620) 260-9379
Web Site http://www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
Position Title: Agricultural Field Service Technician
Location of Position: Garden City, KS
LDI is seeking a diligent and hardworking Agricultural Field Service Technician to join our team!
With little to no supervision, a successful Field Service Technician will analyze, service, perform maintenance operations, and repair agriculture machinery and spray equipment in the field and on demand. Must be organized, efficient, and industrious.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, this position:
• Performs diagnostics and determines repair needs for customer vehicles, agricultural equipment, or sprayer application, and establishes plan to repair
• Coordinates with the Parts Department to acquire parts required for service work on customer equipment
• Accurately records labor hours, mileage, and stating all work performed
• Maintains daily contact with Service Manager regarding daily travel, potential jobs prospects, open repair orders, and any other issues related to a job or project
• Makes Service Manager and customer aware of any additional repairs needed
• Prepares new equipment prior to initial customer delivery
• Works productively to maintain safe work procedures and habits
• Attends required meeting as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties that may be assigned by the Service Manager
The Field Service Technician must:
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural and sprayer application equipment, diesel trucks, and related engines and equipment
• Maintain and cultivate a professional relationship with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn and utilize software such as CDK Global Business system, AGCO Diagnostic Tools, manufacturer’s parts systems, spreadsheets, and email
• Be able to safely operate a forklift truck, hoists, and other specialty equipment, and be able to maintain shop safety practices within OSHA guidelines
• High School diploma or GED required
• Technical or Associate degree in Diesel Mechanics or Agricultural is preferred
• Minimum of 2-years progressive experience in farm equipment, diesel truck, or automotive service operations recommended
• Related mechanical repair experience will be considered
• Valid driver’s license
• Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and background check required
• Provide personal tools for basic mechanic work – specialized tools are provided by the company
401K or other Retirement Plan
LDI offers competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, performance based incentives, overtime, uniforms, and other optional benefits.
Complete an application online at www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
In 1988, Lang Diesel, Inc. opened for business from one tool box and has since grown into an industry leader in the farm equipment retail market with 12 locations across the state of Kansas.
LDI is committed to securing the success of our customers and continued growth of the agriculture industry by providing the best quality products, parts, and service, and building a team of well trained, value driven employees ready to meet customer demands.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the established policy of Lang Diesel Inc. to provide an equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religious belief, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.