Lang Diesel Inc.
2818 Plaza Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
Phone Number: (785) 301-2426
Web Site https://langdieselinc.com/Careers
Position Title: Agricultural Equipment Sales Representative
Location of Position:Multiple Locations
Agricultural Equipment Sales Representative
LDI is seeking skilled and highly motivated Sales Representatives to join our team! Positions are open in our Chanute, Dodge City, Garden City, Hillsboro, and Topeka locations.
A successful candidate will be detail oriented, self-motivated, and efficient. This individual will call on prospective customers within an established geographic territory, maintain existing accounts, and must able to work flexible hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Store Sales Manager, this position:
• Meets determined revenue and gross margin goals of wholegood sales
• Develops prospect lists, qualifies potential customers, makes cold calls, calls existing customers, visits current and prospective customers at their locations, and cultivates strong customer relationships
• Sells and negotiates deals for sales of new and used equipment according to company policy
• Adheres to AGCO financing process to prepare and submit financial requests on behalf of the customer
• Responsible for ensuring that sales are made within legal and ethical standards
• Keeps records of sales related activities for weekly reports
• Informs Sales Manager in a timely manner of any issues related to sales activities
• Attends required meeting as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties that may be assigned by the Sales Manager
The Sales Representative must:
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural equipment market including; new and used equipment sales, parts sales, service and repair, and related supplies and materials within a local market area
• Be knowledgeable of the equipment costs including contribution margin requirements to ensure that sales achieve the defined margin goals
• Maintain and cultivate a professional relationship with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn and utilize software such as CDK Global Business System, manufacturer’s parts systems, spreadsheets, and email
• High School diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Business, Management, or Agriculture is preferred
• Minimum of 3-years progressive experience in farm equipment sales recommended
• Related sales experience will be considered
• Valid driver’s license and DOT physical exam
• Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and background check required
Complete an application online at www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
In 1988, Lang Diesel, Inc. opened for business from one tool box and has since grown into an industry leader in the farm equipment retail market with 12 locations across the state of Kansas.
LDI is committed to securing the success of our customers and continued growth of the agriculture industry by providing the best quality products, parts, and service, and building a team of well trained, value driven employees ready to meet customer demands.
401K or other Retirement Plan
LDI offers competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, performance based incentives, overtime, and other optional benefits.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Equal Employment Opportunity:
It is the established policy of Lang Diesel Inc. to provide an equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religious belief, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.