Lang Diesel Inc
2818 Plaza Avenue
Hays, KS 67601
Phone Number: (785) 301-2426
Web Site http://www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
Position Title: Agricultural Diesel Service Manager
Location of Position: Ellinwood, KS
LDI seeks a highly organized leader with strong communication skills to join our team as Diesel Service Manager.
A successful Service Manager strives to continually improve the functions and efficiency of the Service Department by meeting budget goals, providing leadership and management of department employees, and cultivating strong customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Store Manager, this position:
• Oversees the overall performance of the Service Department and is accountable in meeting revenue, gross margin, and profit & loss goals as defined in the annual and monthly profit plan
• Manages customer relationships, the productivity of department staff, and the quality of service
• Provides leadership, guidance, coaching, and direction to the service staff to achieve department goals, by promoting the company vision, mission, and culture within the store
• Follows established company policies and procedures, and clearly communicates company expectations to department staff
• Enforces shop safety practices and manages within OSHA guidelines
• Executes the recruitment, hiring, training, discipline, and firing to ensure that the Service Department is staffed with competent employees (within approved budgets and Store Manager approval)
• Manages the appearance, upkeep, and security of the shop and related facilities
• Makes recommendations to the Store Manager on staffing and compensation requirements within the department
• Informs the Store Manager in a timely manner of any issues related to the Service operations
• Attends required meetings as scheduled
• Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
The Service Manager must:
• Possess the leadership and managerial ability to lead and direct a team of Service Technicians to achieve the department operating goals
• Have extensive knowledge of agricultural equipment service and repair, and related supplies and materials within his/her local market area
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of agricultural equipment repair to inspire confidence in fellow employees and customers
• Be capable of interpreting financial data and understand cost, overhead, and margin requirements to achieve the financial goals as determined in the annual operating budget
• Maintain and cultivate professional relationships with fellow employees, company owners, customers, and product vendors
• Be computer literate and possess the ability to learn and utilize software such as CDK, manufacturer’s service systems, spreadsheets, and email
• Be able to safely operate a forklift truck
• High School diploma or GED required
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in related field is preferred
• Minimum of three-years progressive experience in farm equipment service operations recommended
• Managerial or supervisory experience recommended
• Related mechanical experience will be considered
• Valid driver’s license
• Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records check, and background check required
LDI offers competitive wages based on experience and a benefit package that includes paid health insurance, 401K retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, performance based incentives, overtime, uniforms, and other optional benefits.
Complete an application online at www.langdieselinc.com/Careers
In 1988, Lang Diesel, Inc. opened for business from one tool box and has since grown into an industry leader in the farm equipment retail market with 12 locations across the state of Kansas.
LDI is committed to securing the success of our customers and continued growth of the agriculture industry by providing the best quality products, parts, and service, and building a team of well trained, value driven employees ready to meet customer demands.
401K or other Retirement Plan
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
It is the established policy of Lang Diesel Inc. to provide and equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons and to administer all aspects and conditions of employment without regard to race, religious belief, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.