Can I cancel my housing contract?

Housing contracts may only be cancelled pursuant to the reasons outlined in the respective contract, subject to a cancellation fee. Other cancellations may be made for extenuating circumstances, at the discretion of the Dean of Student Services.

What do I need to pack for the dorms?

To view a list of things you should pack and things you should leave at home, download our packing list.

What do I need to do for Meningitis?

All students living on-campus MUST have a Meningitis vaccination or have a signed waiver on file with Student Services per the Meningitis policy. Policy is as follows:

Immunization Requirements for All Students
Meningitis: To reduce the spread of bacterial meningitis among the
student population, the Kansas Board of Regents requires all incoming
students residing in on campus housing to be vaccinated for meningitis
or to sign a waiver indicating that they refuse to receive the vaccine.
Non-compliant students will be placed on administrative hold following the first week of classes and remain on administrative hold until the compliance is documented with the Admissions Office. Students will be unable to enroll for the following semester until the hold is released.

Northwest Tech encourages all students to consider vaccination as well
as to become knowledgeable about meningitis and its symptoms in
order to reduce their personal risk. The vaccine is available at the
Sherman County Health Department or Goodland Regional Medical

What if I don’t get along with my roommate?

If you don’t get along with your roommate, talk to the Housing Manager about the problem and try to get it resolved. Our staff members are prepared to help you work through a variety of issues. If problems persist, contact your Housing Manager about relocating.

What do I do if I need special accommodations?

Please contact the Dean of Student: 785-890-1584

Who cleans my dorm?

You are responsible for the cleaning of your dorm. Your bathrooms are cleaned once a month by staff. The housing manager has cleaning supplies that can be checked out.

Is there laundry on campus?

Yes, fees are included with your housing contract.

How many meals are included with my dorm?

Village 1 and Maverick Suites are have 32 meals per month included within their contract, Village 2 and Village 3 have 16 meals within their contract. Additional meals may be purchased through the cafeteria.

How much is it to replace a lost key?


Who do I contact if I lock myself out of the room?

You may contact the Housing Manager at:
housing@nwktc.edu or 785-821-2578

How do I get a parking permit?

You will need to visit the Housing Manager. There will also be information on how to get a permit in your move-in packet.

How do I get Internet access?

The dorms and campus are all wireless.

How do I get my mail?

US mail should be addressed to:

Student Name
PO Box 668
Goodland, Kansas 67735


Packages that are to be delivered via Fed Ex or UPS should be addressed:

Student Name
1209 Harrison
Goodland, Kansas 67735

Can I cook in my room?

Village I and Maverick Suites: You may bring a small microwave and refrigerator with you for your room. Appliances which produce heat (including, but not limited to: toasters, toaster ovens, George Foreman grills, woks, and hot plates) are prohibited.

Village II and III: A kitchenette is provided in these units which includes a stove/oven and refrigerator. Students will need to bring appropriate cookware, utensils and dishes.

Can I move in early?

Certain circumstances allow students to move in early. If you were told by a coach that you are required to move in early, you should contact your coach/advisor for your move-in date and time.

When can I move in?

The dorms officially open at 8:00 AM on 8/8/15. You may move in any time between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.

What are the room dimensions?
  • Village 1: 10’10” X 10’8”
  • Village II: 10’5 X 13”
  • Village 3: 10’3” X 9’6”
  • Maverick Suites: 20’3” X 11’9”
Can I bunk or loft my bed?

All beds can be bunked or lofted.

Is bedding provided?

All students are responsible for their own bedding.

What size are the beds?

The dorm room beds are twin size.

Who do I contact if I am interested in Athletics?

All eligibility information, along with sport specific recruitment forms can be found on our athletics website under “Future Mavericks

What apps do I need?

Typically the selection of apps for the iPad is determined on a program by program basis. Each program will give a list of recommended and suggested apps throughout the semester.

What are the costs associated with the iPad?

If a student elects to purchase an iPad through the college, they should expect to see approximately $750 worth of charges. The cost of the iPad is $500+tax, $80+tax for a protective case, $100 for insurance policy, and about $45 for network fees. The iPad will remain the property of the college until the student’s account is paid, at which time there will be a transfer of ownership.

If I already own an iPad, can I bring my own?

Yes, however due to the rapid advancements with technology the College recommends bringing at least a 4th Generation iPad, with minimum of 8GB storage available. We also suggest a protective “Otterbox style” case, and some type of damage insurance.

How much will it cost to attend Northwest Tech?
How can I find out more information about the programs Northwest Tech offers?
When should I expect my acceptance letter?
  • Make sure to submit the $25 application fee (link to app fee)
  • Once Admissions receives all required documents (link to required docs), your acceptance letter should be sent within the week.
  • Please contact admissions with any questions
  • Email admissions@nwktc.edu
  • Or call 785-890-3641
Can I deliver my high school or college transcripts?

Transcripts must be mailed or faxed directly from high school. Transcripts can be hand-delivered by student if received in a sealed envelope from the school. Fax must have cover letter (#785-899-5711)

Transcripts can be mailed to:

Northwest Tech
Attn: Admissions
1209 Harrison
Goodland, KS 67735

What documents are required for acceptance to Northwest Tech?

To finalize your admission, we must have the following documents on file:

  • Completed Application
  • $25 Application Fee
  • Official High School Transcript or GED
    – Must be mailed or faxed directly from high school.
    – Can be hand-delivered by student if received in a sealed envelope from the school.
  • Official College Transcript (if applicable)
  • ACT or Compass test scores
        – We require test scores to determine placement in developmental courses. A score will not, in and of itself, disqualify you.
    – If you have not taken the ACT, you may make an appointment to take the Compass Test on our campus at no cost.
  • Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA)
    – Northwest Kansas Technical College FAFSA School Code: 005267
        – Complete your FASFA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov as soon as possible to see what type of financial aid you may qualify for.
    – If you are a high school senior, you cannot complete your FAFSA until you and your parents have filed income taxes after the first of the year (of your graduation year). In the meantime, you may complete the FASFA Forecaster to estimate your aid.
    – Email your FAFSA confirmation page to yourself and forward it to your Admissions Representative to verify completion.


If you will be entering the Medical Assistant or Respiratory Therapy programs, please note that additional documents will be required.

Medical Assistant

  • Background Check http://www.precheck.com/student-background-check
  • Statement of Health
  • Immunization Records (Tetanus, MMR, Hep-B)
  • TB Test (in June or July prior to class start)

Respiratory Therapy

  • Background Check http://www.precheck.com/student-background-check
  • Immunization Records (Tetanus, MMR, Hep-B, Vercelli)
  • TB Test (in June or July prior to class start)
  • Letter of Intent
  • 2 Letters of Recommendation
  • Anatomy & Physiology (5 credits)*
  • Medical Terminology (3 credits)*

*Classes must be completed before enrolling into RT program classes.