The Network Technology program at Northwest Tech can be your pathway into the ever growing, wide ranging and lucrative field of communications.
Northwest Tech’s Network Technology program offers you an in-depth look at all aspects of the telecommunications and networking field. With labs that are industry-equipped, our program is designed to put you at the leading edge of the technologies used in every aspect of this wide-ranging and ever-evolving field.
Students may earn the Broadband Premise Specialist certification through the Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers and certificates from Telecommunication Research Associates as a Telecommunication Network Specialist in six areas: Transmissions, Data Communications, VoIP (Voice over the Internet Protocol), IP Networking & VPN’s (Internet Protocol Networking & Virtual Private Networks), CDMA ONE (Code Division Multiple Access, 2nd Generation), and CDMA 2000 & High Speed Mobile Internet (3rd Generation)
- Demonstrate telecommunication transmission basics.
- Analyze AC and DC electronic circuits.
- Use skills gained to identify, prepare, maintain, and troubleshoot various cable types.
- Install numerous service types including residential and business systems.
- Prepare, splice, and maintain fiber optic cables and associated systems.
- Demonstrate basic computer operations.
- Demonstrate effective workplace skills.
- Be certified in American Heart Association first aid and defensive driving.
- Understand and navigate cable schematics and drawings.
- Analyze data communications circuits and Local Area Networks.
- Maintain and administer digital carriers systems.
- Discuss Voice Over IP techniques.
- Construct a resume.
- Safely perform maintenance & diagnostics of central office power & ground systems.
- Understand and discuss the digital signal hierarchy and SONET.
- Perform technical functions on various wireless communication systems.
- Explain the protocols used in data and internet applications.
Network Technology Instructor
Phone: (785) 890-1569
Below is a list of items Northwest Tech’s Admissions Team will need prior to your acceptance into the Network Technology program.
- A Northwest Tech Application Completed and Submitted
- $25 Application Fee Paid
- High School or GED Transcript Submitted
- (If Applicable) College Transcript Submitted
- ACT or Compass Scores Submitted (Compass Testing can be scheduled on-site at the Northwest Tech campus)
Required items can be submitted in person at the Northwest Tech campus, via postal mail addressed to: Northwest Tech Admissions, 1209 Harrison, Goodland, KS, or through email communications with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate of Applied Science
(or Technical Certificate)
- Alan Prieb
- Dave Campbell
- Kevin Sanderson
Goodland Regional Medical Center
- Craig Meder
Century Link (Nokia Siemans Networks)
- Bil Cameron
- Tom Vick
- Jordan Wildeman
- Bill Hayden
- Stan Waterman
- Will Deardon