Learn how to develop apps in the rapidly expanding iPhone and iPad market. The iOS architecture is one of the fastest growing technology opportunities in modern history. The training received from our Mobile App and Entertainment Development program will enable you to create apps and games for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad and to build cross-platform, mobile web-apps that will run on nearly any modern smart-phone and tablet platform including iPhone, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and more.
- Design and build apps and games from scratch for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and other iOS devices as Apple releases them.
- Learn to create cross-platform, mobile web-apps that are accessed from iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and other smart-phones.
- Solve real-world problems in a variety of industries with native iOS apps and specialized web-apps.
- Simplify existing processes in information gathering and management.
- Use APIs to connect your app or game to existing IT and entertainment infrastructures as well as other iOS apps such as Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Music.
- Design games from turn-based or real-time strategy to live action.
- Get a leg up on in-app image, audio, and video manipulation.
- Maybe even combine the camera, accelerometer, and gyroscope to create an augmented reality experience.
- Get your own apps and games on the Apple App Store.
- Provision devices for a local install base to test your apps and games before and after deployment.
- Integrate scalable iOS devices in to existing businesses information infrastructures.
Phone: (785) 890-1532
His bachelor degree in Computer Science came from Kansas State University. There he worked on the vision system of a robot that had to map out rooms using only a camera. He also worked on database systems and artificial intelligence. These included modding a Linux game with a knowledge base AI rather than the minimax algorithm that was in it.
He is A+ and Security+ certified along with being certified as an Apple Teacher. His most recent app in the App Store is Reminder Texts. This app allows you to manage groups and send texts without having the recipients in a large group text with multiple replies.
Phone: (785) 890-1599
Listed cost information includes tuition, additional fees, books, supplies, iPads, clothing and tools if necessary. For a comprehensive breakdown of each program’s cost information download Northwest Tech’s Estimated Program Costs worksheet.
Associate of Applied Science
(or Technical Certificate)
Download a PDF version of the course outline.
Below is a list of items Northwest Tech’s Admissions Team will need prior to your acceptance into the Mobile Application & Gaming program.
A Northwest Tech Application Completed and Submitted
$25 Application Fee Paid
High School or GED Transcript Submitted
(If Applicable) College Transcript Submitted
ACT or AccuPlacer Scores Submitted (AccuPlacer Testing can be scheduled on-site at the Northwest Tech campus)
Required items can be submitted in person at the Northwest Tech campus, via postal mail addressed to: Northwest Tech Admissions, 1209 Harrison, Goodland, KS, or through email communications with firstname.lastname@example.org.